History of the property
The property dates back to nearly the beginning of the town of Webster itself. Passed down through the years amongst family members and sold to new one's as time passed. Many of the owners are buried in the various town cemetery's (Ironically none are buried in the Webster Union Cemetery bordering the property.
The earliest record of property boundaries appears on the map dated 1902 and measuring some 60 acres. These acres now contain the Sagebrook housing development to the west of the property. Interestingly enough, the Red barn does not appear on this map. However the Webster Historical Society has dated this barn as being built in 1900.
The barn first appears on a property map in 1924 and the 60 acre property continues to exist up to 1941.
The property today is just under 4 acres and has two ponds which at one time in the past contained water lilies which were sold locally.